Wednesday, April 21, 2010

????


I'm not sure what to title this. Do you have any ideas?

Jonathon made this last night with the kids. I thought it was a pretty good visual of my life life for the next few days.

I am helping with the "Day of Service" for church. I have planned a lot of things in my life, but this is by far the biggest and has the most far reaching effects. We are inviting the entire community, the Mayor signed a proclamation proclaming the 24th a city "day of service." There are ads in the paper, fliers all over town and I just lined up a radio spot. We have sponsors and we are working with another church in the community and a College. Now, if we can only get the weather to cooperate and people to show up and everything to go well...

Here's to hoping I'm back to my former shade of white by next week!

Happy Wednesday.

4 comments:

Marie aka Grams said...

That just plain makes me laugh. It is soooo Jonathon. A bit of Wallace and Grommit looking hulk.
Good luck with your day of service, even if you're the only one giving service, it's still a wonderful gesture. The world could us an example of being anxiously engaged in a good cause right about now.

Julie L said...

Delightful! It's fun that this day of service is so far reaching. We're looking forward to it in our ward Friday night. Others did it last weekend. My sister said they ended up doing some individual service, since they're in a student ward (he's the bishop), and loved that experience of serving neighbors in need. Good luck. I'm impressed that you've been able to involve so many organizations and people!

Tony and Ann said...

I guess that you will have to rely on Spirit to help get you through. There's a reason you were called to this position, and I'm sure that you will do great. But it's quite a big responsibility too. I bet that by this time next week, you'll look back and think it was a wonderful experience! Good luck!

Seth and Julie said...

How'd it go? I hope you are sound asleep right now and having peaceful, stress free dreams now that it is over.

Blog Archive

Contributors