Monday, June 20, 2011

Fun weekend


My cousin Danny came to visit this weekend. Boy were we lucky to have him! The kids were (litteraly) all over him. He took them to see Kung Fu Panda 2 (and they got candy!) and then swimming at his hotel. This was perfect for me because Linden had his 2 month Dr visit complete with shots which made for a not fun day for him or I. I'm glad that the other kids didn't have to share that day with us!

Saturday the kids had a swim meet. It was a little like the meet that never started. Due to a communication error we thought the meet started at 8:30 (It was actually scheduled to start at 10:00.) Then the other team had problems with their software and so we didn't start until 11:20. (we had been there since 8:15am.) Finally when it did get started the coach was trying to hurry things along since there was a severe thunder storm moving quickly our way. Each of the kids got to swim one event and then the thunder and lightning started. They called a 30 min delay to see if it would stop, but a quick look at the weather, or just the sky told us all that this thing was not over! They called it off just minutes before the skies opened up and dumped buckets. We went to lunch and then fathers day shopping instead. It seems that Wal-mart is a popular place to go when it rains! We topped the evening off with games and treats.

Sunday we celebrated Fathers. I am lucky enough to have the worlds best father and the worlds best Husband who is an amazing dad to my children. While I know that neither my dad or Jonathon are perfect, they both shine as amazing examples of what a father is.

We sent Danny off Sunday night early to get to bed early for his early drive to Nasheville. At 4am when he should have been on the road we had an epic lightning storm. I was up feeding Linden when it started and it looked like someone turned tn the lights outside and set up a strobe light. It really was like nothing I had ever seen before. By 5am there were 3 kids in bed with us. Danny texted to let us know he mad it to Nasheville and the storm seemed to stay pretty local to us so once he mad it out of town it was clear skies for him.

6 comments:

Emily said...

That is awesome that Danny got to spend time with you and your family!Yeah for having family close by!

Marie aka Grams said...

You really packed your weekend with activities. Having a new baby doesn't slow you down, does it? You are a great mom.

Seth and Julie said...

How cool that Danny made the drive over to hang out with you guys, and even did a little babysitting for you. This post also reminds me that I really need to teach my kids to swim! Ugh, one more thing to pay for this Summer.

Tony and Ann said...

Great pictures! And so wonderful that Dan could visit. I bet you both are excited to have family close (well, if you think 6 hr is close!).

Cristy said...

Well, if WE were only 6 hours apart, I know that WE would make the drive frequently! I'm so glad you got to visit with Danny. Tell him hi next time you see him. And I'm counting down the days till I get to see YOU!!! Love ya!

Julie L said...

You got PICTURES! of Dan. I'm so impressed! He always hides from the camera when he's around me. Guess the trick is to load him up with kids and take a picture of the kids, huh? Looks like a fun weekend, and so glad you all survived the storms. Lightening fascinates me but I always enjoy it best from the safety of being indoors! Thanks for providing some family for Dan. Glad you're close enough to get together on occasion. Suddenly six hours doesn't seem so far away, huh?

Blog Archive

Contributors