Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The First Day of School

It is finally here!

The first day of school for Aspen and Cedar.

They were ready. After vacation, what could compare?
Cedar is in first grade. His teacher is Mrs. Butler.
Aspen is in 3rd grade. She is now in the "intermediate" building with Mrs. Duby.
Olive and I, after working on the basement, cleaning up, playing, listing stuff on ebay, eating, readings and having naps and still finding ourselves with two hours on our hands decided to bake a back to school cake for Aspen and Cedar as a suprize.It was yummy, and fun to make, though Olive didn't like the crayons on top! As soon as I would let her she took them off.
They came home happy and excited about school. All in all, I think it was a great day for them.

3 comments:

Tony and Ann said...

Way to go guys! Looks like you were really excited to get back to school. And I know Olive is excited about preschool starting next week. Love you all!

Seth and Julie said...

I can't believe how early you start school. I would be so mad if they sent us back in August. It is the only hot month of the year here.

The kids look great and I LOVE the pink cast but why is it all the way up past her elbow for a broken wrist? Ouch!

Unknown said...

What a cute cake! The kids start preschool next week, I'll have to do it!

Blog Archive

Contributors