Saturday, October 17, 2009

Music for your ears


Olive's new favorite song is "A Child's Prayer." She goes around singing it all the time. She is getting better, but her renditions and the words she puts in when she can't remember the original words are too cute. I think that she got a little nervous when I recorded this a few nights ago, but this is my favorite version of this song.

Aspen is doing so well at piano. Her old teacher graduated and moved off to BYU to go to school so this year she has a new teacher. She gets to take lessons at the church where she and everyone else had preschool. This is her playing "Going Home" a melody from Antonin Dvorak's symphony #9.

6 comments:

Cristy said...

Child's Prayer is my all-time favorite Primary song, which is funny, because I think it came out in the "new" songbook after I had graduated from Primary, but still... And Olive's version is stinkin' cute! :) Tell Aspen good job on the piano practicing! Awesome job girls! Give them both hugs from me!

Julie L said...

Oh, they are both growing up too stinking fast! Great job with the Vocals and the Piano! Keep it up, girls! (two of my favorite songs, by the way)

Emily said...

Who knew I had such talented nieces!!

Olive, that is the best version of "A Child's Prayer" I have ever heard! Keep it up!! Can you sing for me next time we see you?

Aspen, I took piano lessons for a year and know how hard it is to play! You are so GOOD! I can't wait for the next time you come to see us and we get to hear you play!!

What beautiful kids!!

Me said...

E loves to visit your blog. She especially loved to play both videos at the same time. Both were awesome. The only problem... E kept asking to see Cedar. I said he didn't have one so she repeated over and over "Cedar one, Cedar one."

Tell the girls how great they sounded.

Me said...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=475&ad=7988351&cat=&lpid=&type=2&city=&zipcode=84107&sale=1&start=160000&end=170000&state=0&sort=&keyword=&sqftstart=&sqftend=&acresstart=&acresend=&bedrooms=&bathrooms=

Marie aka Grams said...

They melted my heart and I had to play them over and over and I still didn't get enough. Love those kids!! And Cedar lost a tooth, too. What wonderful family events. xoxox

Blog Archive

Contributors