Saturday, August 21, 2010

McDonalds mouth

Friday Jonathon and I went to the temple. It is easier for us to go on a school day than any other.
We dropped the kids off at school and hustled ourselves onto the road. With the time difference we made it in time for the 11:30 session. I don't think that I have ever had a more welcome greeting than I did Friday.

"Are you here for a session?"

"yes."

"Oh we are so glad!"

And on they went.

It turns out that there was only one other person set to go on the session that morning and they needed a witness couple. Before we were even out of the lobby we were pulled aside and asked to be the witness couple and given our instructions. It was 11:25.

It was a great session, except that I am always so tired after the four hour drive and then an immediately sitting and (trying to) give full attention is hard.

After we sat in the parking lot and ate our lunch and moved a little.

Back into the car. Four more hours. And we are home.

My friend picked up the kids from school. ( I love car pooling!) Took them to another friends house who then watched them until we got back.

7:30pm We are back! Jonathon drops me off at my friends house (She is 6 houses up the street!) and I ring the bell. I hear racing to the door. Cedar pulls the door open and smiles the biggest toothless smile ever.

He lost a tooth.

Fast forward.

Today (Saturday)

Kids finally put to bed with threats of staying put (or else!)

Boom, boom, boom. Down the stairs come little feet.

"Back to bed!" I don't even look up from the computer.

"It came out!"

The other tooth is gone now too. Cedar has a McDonalds mouth. Little pink arches grace his toothless smile. It is so cute!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE IT!!

Julie L said...

Oh, perfect for "All I want for Christmas". Too bad they'll be filled in by then, but what cute pictures.

Your temple trip is sobering. I never seem to find the two hours time it takes us to get there, go through the session, and return home. I must repent!

Marie aka Grams said...

I think that's about the cutest smile I've ever seen.

Seth and Julie said...

I love the missing two front teeth pictures. And kudos to you for making the day long temple trip. Our temple is only an hour away and I need to get there more often. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

Wow, I have no excuses 4 hour drive! You are dedicated! And what a fun surprise to come home too! And double surprise with 2!

Blog Archive

Contributors