Sunday, November 7, 2010

Olive's Testimony

Today at church Olive asked Jonathon if she could bear her testimony. He said she could and then the proceded to have a really funny whispered conversation over who was supposed to go first. Someone else beat them up so Olive whispered over to Aspen, "Aspen, will you help me with my testimony?" She said yes and Jonathon got ousted.

It was so cute to hear her little testimony. It's the first time she has ever gone up. We don't have a lot of kids in our ward so we only hear testimonies from kids a few times a year. Something amazing happened after she sat down. Kids started coming from everywhere to share their testimonies. Aspen even got up again to share hers. In some wards, I know it's not unusual for so many kids to get up, but in our ward it was. It was so beautiful to see all of these little kids, even kids you would never have guessed would get up did.

Cedar was the only member of my family who didn't get up. Aspen kept trying to get him to get up. It's not something you can force someone into though.

I don't get up often, but when my kids are leading the way, I will follow. Olive reminded my why we bear our testimonies. When I sat down she told me how much she liked my testimony and that she almost cried while I was talking. That's why I got up. An unplanned but memorable moment for me. The gospel means so much to me. I try to teach and communicate this to my children. Sometimes I think it goes in one ear and out the other, but maybe this time, for right now, they understood.

3 comments:

Tony and Ann said...

Wonderful!! Congratulations to Olive--she's just growing up so fast. And Aspen also. and no, you can't force someone to get up--I think it defeats the purpose. Cedar will go when it's right for him. It's important they know what you believe and that they hear it often.

Seth and Julie said...

Kids never go up in our ward, and I would love to see it happen more. Hurray for Olive for following the Spirit up to the podium, and setting the example for the rest of the kids, and some of the adults too.

Julie L said...

We use to have races from the little ones trying to get to the podium as soon as the bishopric member sits down. Not so today. It was dead quiet. I bore my testimony - it was good to be first, and not have it gnawing at me through the whole meeting. Finally at the end Kim Allen's two daughters came up and bore theirs.

Congratulations to Olive, Aspen, and all those little children in your ward who had the courage to stand and bear their testimonies. I've been impressed with the things they've been taught about Jesus this year in Primary. It's wonderful to see their testimonies growing and to see them recognize the Spirit.

Blog Archive

Contributors