Friday, August 12, 2011

Texas Donuts


One thing I experienced this trip that I have never experienced before was Texas Donuts. Apparently Macy's sells them. Emily got me one when we were out together and I knew that my kids would go nuts over them! (That much sugar alone would do it!) Liz Suggested we introduce them on a swimming break. The hope being that they could swim off some of the sugar. It mostly worked. The kids couldn't even finish an entire one in a single sitting. But don't worry, they did finish them!

Some funny side notes:
Aspen is a faster swimmer than I am. Although I still want a rematch when my goggles don't fall off.
Em's daughter has no fear. She jumped right into a floaty ring in the deep end. (She was wearing a life jacket!) I think she surprised herself more than anything!
Aspen taught her very first put your face in the water school lesson for Liz's daughter. She tried it once and "Didn't love it."

ps
I didn't take as many pictures as I should have, and some of them are on my phone. So as I blog (if I blog...) it is in no particular order, with or without pictures.

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Those are huge donuts! Looks like they were a hit, though.

Blog Archive

Contributors