Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pooping on the grass

We just got home from picking Aspen up from school and running a few errands. I was putting a few things away and the kids were outside playing. It almost sounds blissful... Aspen comes in from outside and says conversationally while chewing her new piece of gum. "Mom, Olive is pooping on the grass." She wanders off like she had just told me that the sky was blue and I am left to digest what she has just said. Olive, pooping on the grass??? "What?" I say. "Olive is pooping on the grass." She adds, turning around but still showing no interest in this bit of news. "She has her underwear off and is pooing on the grass." She looked up at me and I'm sure that it was my expression that finally caught her interest. After a few more seconds of stunned delay I finally start to move. I walk out the back door and no one is in sight. By this time Aspen is finally interested in the events that are happening. (Not being one to miss out on someone else getting in trouble.) She is right behind me. "Where is she?" "Over here." She leads me to the side of the house where sure enough, there is Olive with her underwear and shoes on the grass, holding her dress up and just getting up from a squat. "What are you doing?" I ask, thankful that as I look around I see no fresh (or not so fresh) poop. "I'm pooping on the grass!" My cute little three year old says happily. "Cedar did too!" She adds. She really sounded like she thought I would be pleased that my two youngest children were saving me water and toilet paper by coming up with the genius idea to relieve themselves outside. After looking around and coming to the happy conclusion that our lawn is poop free, and explaining that sometimes dogs poop on the lawn, but even then we don't like it, was I able to admit that they had done it again. They came up with a new and totally unexpected way to keep me on my toes. I have to admit that they are good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ROLLING.

my sis, our neighbor, and I would use the wide open spaces in the swamp behind our building so we wouldn't have to go inside till our moms literally called us inside. we were afraid that if we went in to use the toilet we'd be told it was time to stay in--or worse yet...asked to do something. *lol*

Anonymous said...

i can't believe i just shared that with you... it's 3am, I'm going to bed now.

Blog Archive

Contributors