Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


What a fun Weekend! I haven't stayed up late every night and been so busy every day for a long time. My Dad and Louise came Thursday night. Just in time too. I think that I had just got the last of the essential cleaning and setting up done. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control the basement has sheetrock, but none of it was hanging up. So we put up the "tent-mahal." (Thanks to kim for letting me borrow it!) Early Friday morning (like, 2:00am!!!) Seth, Julie and the kids arrived. Cute little Alex thought that it was time to party and wasn't going to let the fact that everyone else wanted to sleep disturb him. Friday was play at the park and splash pad and then fishing in the evening. The kids started off thinking that fishing wasn't all that great, and then ended up deciding that swimming was the real treat of the day. We caught several blue gill and even a large mouth bass (go first timer Louise!) After falling in the lake I decided I had had enough and was ready to go. ( I start to get grumpy with multiple bruises and a wet, muddy bum.) Once the kids were in bed the games began! It was fun even though I got my wet and muddy bum kicked. Saturday we went strawberry picking in the morning while Jonathon made his famous crepes for the masses. YUMMY! After a quick clean up and packing of food, we headed to the Smokies. We got to feel a bear skin, hike to a waterfall, and have a nice picnic at the Sugarlands visitor center. After that we explored Glatinburg looking for a nice place to eat. If you can believe it, we got all 12 people out the door to church and sitting down BEFORE church started. I can't even do that when it is just my family! But, it was done and Sunday was a nice not too busy day. We took a walk at the state park and played games again. Monday was Dollywood day. Even though it was crowded we had fun. The biggest adventure for me was forgetting to take my keys out of the ignition all day so by the time I got back to my car, not only was I worried and feeling stupid because I didn't know where my keys were, but once I found them, my battery was dead. On the way home we decided that taking our tired worn out kids to a restaurant didn't sound so fun, but getting a babysitter and going to a restraunt with out kids sounded great! We put the kids straight to bed, (Alex never woke up from the car and the girls were so tired that they fell right to sleep. Except for Alyssa who was happy to dance the night away!)

1 comment:

Marie aka Grams said...

Wow, it sounds like you had such fun. Are your Dad and Louise still there? You sent a picture of water fountains. Where was that taken? Now that summer is here, what are your plans with the kids? Thanks for the blog. The pictures are great! xoxo me/grams

Blog Archive

Contributors