Wednesday, October 6, 2010

They're off, the details and the long list

Firstly,
Jonathon and Aspen are off. Which is why I am blogging to you at 4:00am. (I don't normally see 4:00am. Unless it's through half shut eyes on the way to the potty...)

They have the cell phone, so all you who are out there, give them a call. But if you are trying to reach me, call my home number!

Aspen was / is soooooo excited! We told her she was going Sunday night. I think she has been walking on air ever since. The best part? Her siblings are excited for her! They are all sorts of jealous if, say one gets the last piece of candy in the dessert jar, so we were ready for fits and fits of jealousy for a week long trip with daddy. It never came. Cedar asked in his prayers that they could have a fun trip and Olive, as she went to bed last night said, "I'm really going to miss you Aspen."

I love it when they love each other!

The details!

I never did put up any of the details from the last post. Here they are!

Our newest little sapling is due April 21. A short 2 weeks after Emily's (I think she called it a..) soybean. I personally am cheering for Emily to go a week early. That way I won't have to lie and tell her she can have mom and I don't need her. (mom) Don't worry Em. If you do go over 2 weeks, I will lie so you believe me and you really can have her!

We didn't tell anyone for a while after we knew because we have had a few miscarriages and were really nervous. We honestly didn't think we COULD have any more kids. After all, we did all sorts of stuff. Including diving as far as we dared into infertility treatments. It just wasn't working out. We found out we were pregnant the day after starting foster to adoption classes.

So there you have it! I don't have many more details yet. We saw the baby dancing the conga on the ultra sound and heard the heart beat. That put us in the 5% chance of miscarriage. 2 more weeks and we are down to 1% chance. I finally believe that I really am pregnant and it really will (fingers crossed) stick. I not so sick anymore. Though, I actually felt better, in a weird, psychological kind of way, when I was feeling so lousy. That meant I really was (am) pregnant. But now I am back on a diet of instant breakfast and milk and crackers. (but unfortunately, not so much chocolate. It just doesn't taste that good right now. **yep, definately pregnant!)

The long list
When we told the kids we were going to have another baby, the first thing that Aspen did was ask for all of our tree books so she could pick out a name. The fun thing about having a name theme for your kids is it brings the scope of names down to a large handful, instead of say, volumes of baby names books. I have had people stop me in the parking lot (yesterday in fact.) and ask if "it" was true. When I confirmed it, they throw out their top tree names and let me know that they have done the hard work and this is what I should name the baby... It's fun for me actually. As long as no one is offended that we don't choose the name they picked, I love to hear ideas. (Olive is voting for Pine if it's a boy...)

So what do you think? Bring on the tree names! I want to hear them!

And now, it's 4:30am. I am tired, still have to get up and take kids to school. I do, however feel a nap being worked into today's schedule! Good night all!

5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Seth flies in to Utah on Tuesday. Maybe they overlap? Of course, he will be working so I am not sure he will see anybody.

As for tree baby names....remember that I am super traditional (boring) in my baby naming so my suggestions may not be tree-y enough. But I would go with Laurel or Holly for a girl, and Joshua for a boy. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Emily said...

Douglas for a boy Willow for a girl...and that is all I can think off...

Emily said...

Mangnolia...Hazel...Holly...Laurel...Myrtle...Tulip

As for boys...I have to agree with Joshua or strongly suggest Douglas...

On to more unique names!!
Sassafras!!Monkey!!Sweetgum!! Wingnut!! Silverbell!!Pistachio!! Mango!! Yucca<-- (I actually know someone named that!) Guava!!Catawba!!

Julie L said...

Have no name suggestions, because I could never come up with any for my own until Brent and I saw them in real life. But we are excited for you! I love the way our little group of saplings has grown into a small forest. I think there is a whole lot of good in having more than one or two children if you're able to.

baodad said...

Elm, Sequoia, Cherry...

"Branching" out here: Fern, Forest, Blossom, Barkley (<--Grandpa's favorite)

Blog Archive

Contributors