Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Set free!

School is canceled again tomorrow, but I think I can handle it.

We were finally able to get out today. The kids and I met some friends at the pool. It was super lovely to get out of the house. The roads are pretty good as long as you stick to the main ones, and for some miracle the county decided yesterday to plow and use some of their precious salt on my road. Thank you, Thank you!!! My friend walked down and drove with us because their little road didn't get plowed and was a steep sheet of ice. She's hoping for tomorrow.

So swimming was fun. We could have been doing practically anything as long at it wasn't at my house.

We have already planned a play date at McDonald's tomorrow. I think we will go to the library first and then meet up with all of our friends. Since Monday is already a day off school, I am in need of some reading material!

I still have a likely 5 more days till school is back in. But I think that I will survive. There is some bad weather over the weekend. Jonathon will be home. It's always more tolerable when he's here. Then it's back to normal. 48* on Tuesday! Hip, hip, hurray!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Maybe it's because we never used to have indoor pools, but going swimming in winter is one of my favorite things to do. It's like spitting in the face of the ice monster. Think I need to get back to the pool, too. We, also, are supposed to see warmer temps next week. Not quite as warm as you, but anything above freezing will feel like a heat wave, I think.

Kozue said...

I wouldn't have guessed that you got so much snow there! We had a couple of big snow storm in December, but no cancellation of school. I haven't shoveled snow this year yet. New year looked like spring. It still feels like winter, though! Cold! Good luck!

Blog Archive

Contributors