Monday, January 17, 2011

They're Baaaaack!

At school that is!

Yes friends you heard me right! While every other kid in the country was out of school for Martin Luther King day, my kids (finally) headed back.

It was lovely. I went grocery shopping. I actually remembered everything I needed (almost) and wasn't distracted by running/skipping/shouting/twirling/singing kids. I was even in and out in 30 minutes.

I got the rest of Aspen's art supplies for the class she starts tomorrow. I even took the shortcut through the glass decorative stuff at the craft store!

I cleaned the living room. It stayed clean for 3 whole hours!

I listened to whatever music I wanted and I didn't once listen to McDonalds girl, Last Christmas or Owner of a Lonely heart. (The danger of letting your kids have their own portable music player is that they don't get sick of a song nearly as fast as you do!)

I even think I know what I will make for dinner. I might even have all the ingredients!

I will sign off a happy camper tonight. Tuesday night looks a bit ugly. We'll keep our fingers crossed though!

6 comments:

Marie aka Grams said...

Yea!! Hopefully you can now have some breathing room...well, except for the baby.

Cristy said...

Hallelujiah!! Thank heavens for peace and quiet! Here's hoping for a heat wave in Tennessee! ;) Love ya!

Seth and Julie said...

We had school today too. We only get half day for MLK. It seems that you guys can't seem to stay in school and we can't get out of it. Here's hoping the weather doesn't get nasty on you again, but just think, you could have a really quiet Spring Break and some peaceful days with the new baby while they are suffering through their makeup days.

Tony and Ann said...

Hooray! Bet the kids were (secretly) glad to be back. Not as glad as you, but still glad.

Julie L said...

You have really had a long haul. I am amazed that an area as populated as the one you're in has such an issue with a little bit of snow. I honestly wish ours did. I'd love them to call snow days for all non-essential work, as well. Shut down the stores and the movie theaters, and hunker down with a fire in the fireplace for every day it snows. I could deal with that. I really could.

But Congratulations for finally getting the kids back to their desks!

Katrina said...

Me and all the blacks in Utah celebrated. Well, they could have. watched me do laundry that is...

Blog Archive

Contributors