Thursday, April 14, 2011

2:45 am

2:45 am:

I've spent the last hour lying awake in bed. Trying to decide if "this is labor" or not. This has happened before. I wake up, have a few braxton hicks contractions, then my mind won't fall back to sleep.

It is like that tonight too. Except I had really bad heart burn too. And the more I lay there the more I thought I would either throw up or pass out. Ah-ha! those are my classic pregnancy related "hunger signs."

So now, here I am. It's now 2:49 am, I have just finished up my glass of Ovaltine and I think that I probably won't pass out. I have to wait a while before I head back to bed. That much liquid needs to settle before I sleep on it or I really will throw up.

In pregnancies past I was a die hard instant breakfast girl. I still love it, but HELLO! talk about inflation. Since when does 10 little packets of instant breakfast (no milk even, it's just the powder!) cost almost $6.00?!? Since I'm an addict, do you know what that would cost me a week? Ovaltine is my second string player. When I first got pregnant and I knew I NEEDED something, and I couldn't rationalizing spending more than my future weekly diaper allowance on 10 tiny packets of powder I bought some Ovaltine. (I also got some nesquick because I couldn't be sure that I would like Ovaltine.)

Thank goodness! My second string player has turned out to be my new starting star! (Do you think Ovaltine will pay me for this post?) I miss the variety packages of instant breakfast. I must say I am a sucker for the vanilla flavored.

Well, there you have it folks. It is now 3:05 am and I have tortured you with the ramblings of my middle of the night thoughts quite long enough. My verdict is that no, I am not in labor. I am actually quite happy about that. My mom gets here in less than a week. (Right now it's just a few hours less than a week, but I happen to be counting hours so it's ok.) The kids are smack in the middle of TCAPS (Tennessee State testing) and even though I have night time back ups, I am a bit shy about calling them in the middle of the night.

I really should go to bed now. I promised the kids I would make breakfast every morning of TCAP's. (Per teacher instructions...) Last time this "fake labor" thing happened to me I had super bad pregnant dreams. Do you / did you have those? That is where Jonathon stars in my dream as the villain. Usually I wake up so fuming mad at him that I don't even want to look at him. And usually my dreams play out like some bad tv drama and I wake up right before I have the satisfaction of yelling him down and taking it all out on him. That's why I am so mad when I come to in the morning. I wonder if that will happen tonight. (Just for the record, I am not in any way mad a Jonathon right now *pre-dream time.* We are quite happy right now. His work is a little weird because all of the Japan stuff, but we are great. We even got to go to lunch yesterday. I love lunch dates. I feel like we are cheating they system. No babysitters are involved. I'ts a bit like skipping school...)

3:19 am
I am signing off. Good night all.

8:26am
Still here. No labor, no baby!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Ok - second attempt. Sad when you prepare a lengthy response and press send only to have some "service not available" sign pop up, and the entire response is lost into never never land...

I was saying I was sorry it wasn't real labor for your sake. I was also saying I was up at the same time and used to think the sleepless nights before delivery were just to prepare us for the sleepless nights afterwords. But I don't think the sleepless nights ever went away, and here I am, long after the youngest flew the coop, still wandering the halls in the middle of the night.

And I'm not alone. I've often wondered if we need a middle of the night on line book club for those of us who can't get our brains to shut off when the body wants to so badly...

Seth and Julie said...

I am torn between praying that that baby comes today, and praying that he waits for Grandma to be there so you don't have to call midnight reinforcements.

Either way, he is so close to being here...gives me the chills to think about. I love babies.

Blog Archive

Contributors