Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's for dinner? Turkey pot pie! I love this dinner for several reasons. 1

What's for dinner?

Turkey pot pie! I love this dinner for several reasons.
1. It's yummy! (this is one of Jonathon's favorite dinners.)
2. It's easy. (sometimes this over rules yummy at my house...)
3. It's one of those comfort foods that makes you feel good.
4. The house smells good and home-y when this is in the oven!

The recipe:
1 or 2 crusts. (I use 2 -top and bottom- because I love the crusts)
1 16oz pkg of frozen veggies (you can use fresh.)
Cut up turkey or chicken. You can use ThNksgiving left overs, a chicken from the store or those pre-cooked and cut kinds that they advertise for salads. 2-5 cups total cut up.
1 can cream of chicken soup

put bottom crust down if you are using 2 crusts. Skip this if you are only doing 1.
Mix everything else together in a bowl.
Dump it in the crust / pan.
Put top crust on.
Cut several slits in the top crust.
Bake at 425* for 45-60 min. (remember to put foil around the crust to keep it from burning.)
Yummy!
Finished picture soon!

4 comments:

Sarah E. said...

I just changed this in the recipe, but to be sure I don't burn your dinner, it's 425* for the oven!!

Tony and Ann said...

So what happened to the tree? And the only thing to make the pot pie better would be to serve it with cranberry sauce! Love all the pics!

Seth and Julie said...

I am also wondering what happened to the tree and wishing I could have you pass me a slab of that pie. I have no idea what I am making for dinner, have an awesome headache and I have to prepare a talk for the Stake Primary meeting that I leave for in an hour so no time to cook, and no time to put off getting ready by snooping around on Blogger. Happy Dining!

Marie aka Grams said...

Looks just like the ticket--both easy and delicious. yum, lucky family.

Blog Archive

Contributors