Thursday, July 3, 2008

Swimming pool gardens




We have been having so much fun with our gardens! I saw a picture of someone who had planted a garden in an old pool and I thought that it sounded like a good idea. I had three little blow up wading pools, one for each child. We blew them up, pokes a LOT of holes in the bottom, filled them up with dirt, took the kids to the store and let them pick out whatever they wanted. They each have a tomatoe plant or two, and they each have at least one cucumber plant. Aspen planted a sunflower in school that she transplanted in her garden along with some carrots and beans. Cedar and Olive each have a few GIANT sunflowers and also some assorted flowers with their beans and carrots. I wish I would have taken a weekly photo to show how our little gardens have grown, but since I haven't you'll just have to believe me when I say it has been so much fun and the kids excitedly examine their plants daily to see what is growing, blooming and sprouting.

3 comments:

Marie aka Grams said...

Wow, those are unbelievable gardens! What fun! The best part is, I can double click on the picture and it blows up really big for a close up view. And it gives a great picture of your neighborhood, for others who haven't seen your beautiful part of the country.
Thanks for the blog!
Grams E.

Me said...

That looks like so much fun! We love you guys.

Allison Watkins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea. I might have to try it next year with the kids. Will has a pumpkin plant and a cosmo he started from seed at school, it would have been nice to have a pool garden for it!

Blog Archive

Contributors