Thursday, July 31, 2008

Peaches!

Ever since we bought our first house in North Carolina, I have wanted to plant fruit trees. I thought it would be so amazing wonderful to walk out my door and have peaches and apricots and pears and apples right there, waiting for me to eat. I remember going to Grandma Loveridge's house and picking and eating fruit from her trees. So after we bought this house I was ready for fruit trees! I looked and lookes for Apricot trees, but couldn't find any. We did however find a lovely peach tree with a one year guarantee. (Very important for those of us who kill plants by simply looking at them.) Last year I was so excited because we had dozens of little fruits growing all through the tree. Then to our sadness, the spring frost came and killed everything. I had learned my lesson. This year, instead of decorating my trees with lights for Christmas, I decorated my peach tree for the spring. It was really very festive twinkling in the night with it's colored lights. On especially cold nights, we would wrap it in plastic making it look like an odd little multi colored ghost protecting our home. Our little peaches survived and we get to savor our little peach harvest! Peaches anyone?


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors