Sunday, August 10, 2008

Some random thoughts


Here is an update on the sunflowers in our swimming pool garden. This is the biggest one. It is about 15 in. diameter. It is so big and heavy it can't stand up anymore. These are really the coolest things! It is amazing to watch the bees and butterflies work and they go through each little flower that will become a seed.



Thursday we took our last summer trip to Dollywood before school starts. Aspen, Cedar and I all brought friends. It was a really fun day and the kids now have a new favorite ride. It's called "Thunder Road" and it's a motion simulated "ride" about a car chase. I was thrilled because there was no line and it's indoor with air conditioning.
Here is a cute picture of Jonathon and Olive.

My random thoughts today are that I can't believe that school starts tomorrow! We went and did all of the final registration on Friday and the kids all know where their classes are, where they will sit and who is in their class. Kindergarten has a staggered enrollment for the first week so Cedar doesn't officially start until Wednesday, which is good because he came home from church with a fever! Olive starts next Tuesday and we are set. I will have no more excuses as to why my house doesn't look better! (I'm sure that I can think of something!) Other new things are that I cut my hair! I had gotten a cute little stylish "do" at the end of the school year, and found out that I just can't keep up with much style.

1 comment:

Marie aka Grams said...

O.K. Sarah, now we want to see a picture of your haircut. We don't get to see you in the blog because you take all the pictures. Now's your chance.
Good luck with your new anticipated freedom...which also means freedom FROM having to clean your house--because with kids around all the time, there's no hope anyway.

Blog Archive

Contributors