Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cedar's first day of kindergarten!






It's official, Cedar is in kindergarten! We weren't sure if he would make it today. The fever he came home from church with stuck with him until last night when it finally broke. Kids are sure funny when they are sick. He had a really high fever (104!) and was laying around acting truely sick. I gave him some medicine and he's up, jumping around like normal....Tuesday, I thought he was better. He was .5 hotter than normal, but that's not much more than wearing a hot shirt in the sun... Until mid morning when I took his temperature again and it was back up to 102.5. I thought for sure the poor little guy would miss his firts day of school, but he started sweating like crazy in the night. (That means the fever broke, right?) He wasn't hot at all but he was sure wet..I even thought he wet the bed. The big nod of "I'm better" came this morning when he was up before seven, like normal and a chipper little man. (Except for the butterflies in his stomach!) I may have to revise this post if his teacher calls me to come and get him early, but for now, he's my little kindergarten boy!

3 comments:

Marie aka Grams said...

It's official and unanimous. Your children are beautiful!! Even if I weren't their grandma, I would still think they're gorgeous.
They say beauty is only skin deep, but I know your kids are beautiful inside and out. What a fine job you've done with them.

Tony and Ann said...

Ditch the thermometer!! You guys were warm, hot, or really hot. Don't even worry until it's really hot and won't break with tylenol or ibuprofen. Guess I was just a lazy mom, but you seem to have turned out most excellent!! You're a great mom! I agree with the "other" grandma--they're gorgeous. Marie--let's pack a bag and go see them!!
Grandma Coppola

Emily said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! They are beautiful! We Johnson girls did a great job on our kiddos huh?

*you forgot a t on "first".

Blog Archive

Contributors