Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What I've been doing


After I blogged about Olive going to school Katrina commented and asked what I do with my free time. Honestly, I haven't had much. The first two weeks of school I only had one day where someone wasn't sick. That was the day I blogged! But I have been up to something, and for many of you who know me, you may double check and make sure that this really is my blog, but I've been moving around the girls room and sewing. Yep, that's not a typo. SEWING! I dusted off the old sewing machine that I made Jonathon buy me 6 or 7 years ago (I'll try not to calculate the cost per time of use!!!) Now not to scare any one with my domestic skills, I haven't tried to tackle anything truly mind boggling, but I have made: two sets of curtains and a pocket pillow! Now, aren't I the domestic diva? I have been discovering the online blog world and am amazed at the talent that is out there. It truly has inspired me to try a few things!

Cedar's curtains (I suppose valance would be technically correct...)

Aspen picked out this totally cute material. I think that it will go great with her dresser and the wall stickers I got for AFTER I paint!

I also have been moving things around. I will be painting (just about every room in the house) but I couldn't wait for the paint to try a new look for the girls room. I already knew how I wanted to move things, I tried it and it looked great. The only problem was that the vent blew right on Olive as she lay in her bed. Not so good for my allergy prone croup girl. That only lasted a few days.
In true Tennessee fashion I decided that instead of going back to how it was, I would just move the vent. Here's the play by play of Olive's food storage bed with movable vent! One day we will get her a "real" bed, but until then, this is really a great way to store 10-15 buckets of wheat!



Now, just imagine the curtains on the window and that it's still clean!
p.s. Of course, we also made cookies!

1 comment:

Branch said...

Your funny! Who would have thought to do that?

-Emily

PS-Check out Branch's blog

Blog Archive

Contributors