Saturday, December 20, 2008

Emily

Today had been a day and a half...

Branch called early telling me that he was going to take Emily over to the hospital. Jacob was going to watch their daughter so I went to help with Em. I honestly didn't think that she would be that bad. I was wrong. I am glad that Jacob made Branch leave before I got there. My dad and I met them at the U of U hospital. Emily was totally unresponsive. She even slid out of the wheel chair. They got her right in and she got an IV, a catheter, too many blood tests and a breathing tube. They have done CAT scans, MRI's, EEG's and about everything in between. They think that she has viral meningitis and that she has been having constant mini seizures. She has some swelling and a white platelet (???) count of over 200. She is being kept out so that she can do a better job of getting well. We don't know if there will be any damage to her brain when she wakes up. The good news is that she is doing more breathing on her own, though they will still keep the breathing tube in her probably until she is better and they can wake her up. Today is a good day for an extra prayer or two headed to heaven in her behalf. She is going to need them.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's in our prayers too. Keep us posted.

Blog Archive

Contributors