Friday, February 27, 2009

bubble bath

TGIF...If my kids actually knew what those four little letters stood for, they would be shouting them from the roof tops. They LOVE Fridays. Not so much because there is no school for two whole days, but Fridays are the day that they have "extra" fun! It's computer day on Friday and Saturday. Aspen and Cedar get to play games on the computer. (And Olive too if she wants, though she's about as interested in computer games as I am.) This is especially fun when Daddy gets home, because HE likes playing on the computer. Cedar asked me today why I didn't play computer games. He just didn't get that it's not really my thing. We tried letting the kids play a little bit each day. That was not so good.... Big fights over who gets to go first and who got to play the longest and then, when the game is over and time is up, Cedar cried like someone had died. So, now we wait until the wonderful weekend where he can actually finish a game in the time allotted and feel like he's had a good turn when it's time to get off. Ahh, much better!

So, now that the weekends were super fun for Aspen and Cedar, poor little Olive got left out. We finally found something that would be just as fun for her, something to shout TGIF for! Bubble bath! Last week, Olive found an old bottle of Bubble bath and asked what it was. As I was explaining, and she was of course wanting to try it out, we came up with the Friday night is bubble bath night if you don't want to stay up and play computer games. She LOVED it! And since she needs a bit more sleep than the others it worked out well to have her play in a nice long tub and then go to bed while the others finish up their games.

Here are some cute, almost identical pictures of the fun she is having.

So, I know what you are thinking...Why did it take me four years to put Olive in a bubble bath? I actually have a really good answer for that one. You see, bubble baths can give little girls a urinary tract infection. I didn't know this back when Aspen was 2 and she got in bubble baths all the time. Aspen had gone in for a checkup and our doctor had apparently seen several cases that day of UTI's in little girls so he was very forceful about informing us of the risks. Well, I was a young, first time mother and he successfully scared the #@$%^ out of me. So, away went the bubble bath and I just never bought it any more. But, now I'm not so scared and I figure that as long as every bath is not an hour long bubble bath, and I make sure to rinse them off well, what's wrong with a bubble bath?

1 comment:

Tony and Ann said...

Call me, and I'll tell you some horror stories about little girls and bubble baths!
Mom

Blog Archive

Contributors