Monday, February 2, 2009

Come and get 'em.

I answered the phone this morning and it was the dad of the little girl I sometimes watch. He asked me if my kids were coming home? What? Why would they come home? It was only 11:00am. He said that they were canceling school at 11:30. What! Why? I looked outside, it was lightly raining. He said that it was for snow. If I were the snort laughing kind of girl, you could put a big SNORT right there! That's what I thought. It's getting a little ridiculous. I mean, it rains in Tennessee, ALL THE TIME! I checked the Internet, and sure enough, school's letting out at 11:30 because of snow. The kids and I had a great laugh on the way home. It did however start to snow and I was really glad that the kids came home. The snow was not the normal Tennessee snow. It was big and puffy and very wet. Perfect for snowman making. Little S came over since her mom was stuck in Knoxville in a blizzard and her school was canceled too. By the time I got S and myself ready Aspen had an amazingly big snow ball rolled up. It only took a few minutes to complete 2 snowmen! I guess I wasn't blogging last winter, but our usual snowmen consist of fist sized snowballs and Mr. Potato head pieces. So, these snowmen are quite something for us.

After our snowmen were done and everyone took a handful of raisins we headed over to sled. The snow was pretty wet, and not as fast as a dusting on frozen grass (our usual sledding) but very fun still! It was S's first time ever sledding and the kids showed her all the tricks.

3 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Aren't you glad your neighbor called? I love snow days. Unfortunatly, we don't get any here.

Brian and Tonya said...

Sarah,
I'm posting this here so I know that you'll see it. Thank you so much for bringing up the point about your transmission. Emergency's happen, and they can really de-rail a financial plan for a short time. I plan to address that in a tip soon. But, just wanted to let you know that you are following exactly what I would recommend by taking out a small loan for the repair, and paying it off quickly (helps your credit too). Maybe one day we'll all be millionaires, and never have to take out loans, but until then, it's important to keep getting to work and getting the kids to school, huh. :)

Sorry this is long, but thanks again for posting.

Seth and Julie said...

That's too funny. I think you said your school district has 18 snow days scheduled? We have 2. We always use more than that and end up going to school into the Summer break. It just cracks me up that they even have snow days in the south. Utah doesn't even have them and they get buckets of snow.

Blog Archive

Contributors