Sunday, June 14, 2009

Aspen



Aspen has had a memorable first almost month of summer. First she lost another tooth. I didn't even realize that this one was loose enough to fall out. She just came down stairs after flossing her teeth shouting, "I pulled it out! I pulled it out!" She really wanted to show Olive and Cedar so she wrote a letter to the tooth fairy asking if she could keep the tooth to show them. They were both asleep when it happened.

Next is that Aspen's garden, her "salad" is flourishing. I have planted lettuce several times, but all it ever was was food for the bugs and then it went to seed. But this year! Oh my goodness! Of the 3 heads that Aspen planted we have had salad, on sandwiches and this morning we picked the rest, three bags full because I am afraid it will go to seed before we can pick it off a few leaves at a time.

The most exciting thing so far though was last Thursday's swim meet. The meet that almost didn't happen. We had had a crazy wind, thunder and rain storm at 3:30pm. I told Aspen that there was no way they would go forward with the meet. We were supposed to be there by 4:00 to warm up. We loaded up and drove over in the rain and thunder. I had the kids leave most of their stuff at home because I figured we would just turn around and come home. I was very wrong! We hung around at the pool waiting and waiting for them to cancel until finally they said it was on. There would be no warm up, but we would still compete. Jonathon came from work and I hurried and ran to the store to get dinner and snacks before Aspen swam. She competed in the freestyle getting 3rd,

the medley relay finishing with her swimming the last leg and passing the other team to put them in first.

She swam the backstroke and placed 4th or 5th. It was too close to tell.

Then her freestyle relay took 2nd. Jonathon's comment at the end was that he didn't expect it to be so fun! It was a lot of fun and Aspen did great!

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Good Job Aspen!!!! I am glad you are having an awesome summer full of lots of success. It is still cold here...can I come visit???

Julie L said...

Terrific successes for you Aspen! What a fun start to a wonderful summer! - the other Aunt Julie

Blog Archive

Contributors