Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bucket list

We just had our last guests leave this afternoon. It was very fun and wonderful to have them, but I find it hard to put my brain back into gear.

What do I want to do before I kick the bucket? Since I haven't seen the movie, I haven't been thinking about that one. I had a "things to do before I get married" list. I think that maybe I'll share that one and then maybe that will spark my memory, because I can only think of two right now, and I'm sure there is more.
Things to do before I get (got) married...
(I wonder if all of you knew this about me :0)
  • Be a DJ--I was SAM (Sarah at the Mic) at Thunder 91.1 the SUU radio station.
  • Be a ski instructor--I taught at Brian Head Resort near Cedar City
  • Go on a Mission--to the Philippines
  • Finish College--B.S. in Education
  • There was one more, but I can't remember it right now. Luckily I have remembered a few more things I want to do before I die.

Things to do before I die

  • Go to Egypt. I don't want to go now, for many reasons. I want to have a year to prepare, I want to go without young children, I want to go and not worry too much about a budget, I want to spend 10 days or more. Maybe a month.
  • I want to publish a book. Hmm, probably a children's book or a young adult book. It seems to me that I should stick to the things I know and like.
  • I want to get my masters degree.
  • I want to teach college.
  • I want to do some sort of business with Liz. (Em, were you wanting in on that too?) We have always talked about doing some sort of wedding reception business. We wanted to cater it to the LDS market of after the temple wedding there is a reception at the church. That's what we want to get into. Something for people who want something wonderful but have a budget to work with. We've always been good at fitting what we want into our budget and also at producing great things for a lot less cost than you'd imagine. I remember when we were both at Dad's house for a summer we would plan these great dinners and then figure out the price per serving. I think we must be really big nerds, but it was fun!

So, I'm sure that there are more, but I'll have to post them later! Lets hope I don't die soon, I haven't gotten very far on my list!

And what everyone likes more than what I write, here are a few pictures!

Olive as Tinkerbell and "The Stash!" 10 lbs!

The kids, and more kids...
Aspen and I after her baptism



3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Me and my sister have talked about planning childrens birthday parties. Maybe we should all merge into one big business...or you could at least advise us on how to do things on a budget because I spend way too much on my kids parties. I am trying to put together a "small" party for Alex right now since we have all the holidays coming up too.

Emily said...

Sarah

I love your list! Especially the Egypt one! Read my list to see why! And YES I want to go in on the business!

Me said...

I'm glad to hear you're still interested in the business. Engagement planning is starting to become popular. I think we could do that, too. Tell Aspen we love her and tell her congratulations.

Blog Archive

Contributors