Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful

Friday, November 21
Olive's cute Thanksgiving play at school. I'm glad we still got to be in it. It was going to be on Tuesday, but since so many of the kids, us included, would be gone, they changed it to Friday!

Saturday, November 22

We stopped at a Children's museum and played. It made the drive to Wisconsin so much more fun!

Sunday, November 23

We so rarely get to spend a Sunday with family, it was a lot of fun to be up here in Wisconsin with Seth and Julie and their kids. My kids are absolutely loving having cousins to play with.

Monday, November 24

Trains and snow. They would have closed school in Morristown for this much snow. My kids, however woke up absolutely enchanted with the blanket of white. Later in the day we took the train to Chicago.

Tuesday, November 25

The Jelly Belly factory. We got to try different kinds of jelly beans. Aspen and I tried skunk spray and spit it out before gagging. Olive wanted to try it too. She put it in her mouth and with the grossest expresssion said mmm, it's good. Then finished the entire thing.

Wednesday, November 26

Uncle Seth took us to the Kenosha museum. The museum was really great, especially considering that it is free. After that we rode the trolly to "Trolly Dogs" for lunch. It was this fun little hot dog place. The owner kept giving us stuff for free. That's him in the hat with I assume his little grandson.

Thursday, November 27

Family.

Friday, November 28

Special time with Grandma.

Saturday, November 29

Children's museums. If you have little kids and you are going to be driving across several states, I highly recomend getting a membership to ASTC museums and science centers. Membership to your local museum (I paid $50.00) gets you in to (almost) all of the museums around the world. It breaks up the drive and gives the kids a fun place to run around after being cooped up all day.

Sunday, November 30

Good memories of our cousins!

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

We are thankful that you came out and that you got home safely. I need to update my blog but now I am overwhelmed by how far behind I am.

Marie aka Grams said...

It looks like you had a great time with the cousins and your mom. The photos are great, the kids are adorable, and I'm glad they have cousins to play with. We're looking forward to seeing you soon.
I'm sending your birthday present this week. Any ideas for Olive? I'm stumped.
love you.

Blog Archive

Contributors