Friday, November 14, 2008

My perfect day

Perfect is one of those words that is absolutely subject to the environment around it. For example, the perfect mess, the perfect person, the perfect day...

I thought about this all day yesterday, though no one would know it because I didn't post a word. I thought, would my perfect day be a day when I didn't have to do anything? I could sleep all day and only eat chocolate? NO! Although sometimes I think it might be, but to be honest, I think I would be bored to death and go searching for some kids to play with or some laundry to do! So, this is what I came up with as my perfect day (for now, I'm sure it will change next week...)

I will have had a really restful night's sleep. All of us are healthy and it rained in the night until around 4am. ( I love sleeping in the rain-as long as I am comfortable in a house, in a bed! I love the sound) I wake up rested, before the kids. They get up after a little bit and whatever it is we do that day, the kids get along the whole time! On my perfect day I get to reconnect with someone I haven't seen for a while, I find something I forgot I'd even lost, the meals I cook turn out great and everyone is excited that I made it and asks for more. Somewhere in there is our extended family. We play a few games with the kids before bedtime, and then everyone willingly and happily go off to bed on time and Jonathon and I have a quiet evening. Oh yea, I almost forgot. The dishes are magically done by the dish fairy, the house is kept picked up all day without me reminding anyone and the laundry fairy has washed, dried, folded, hung up and put away every piece of clothing that we are not wearing and the cleaning fairy had deep cleaned all of the nooks and crannies while the garage fairy magically cleaned and organized my unsightly garage! Yep, that would be a perfect day!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love it!

Tony and Ann said...

Isn't it wonderful to be able to dream of a perfect day? May, just maybe, one day you'll have one!
Mom

Blog Archive

Contributors