Thursday, March 19, 2009

100

Happy 100th post to me!
I have hit the big blogging milestone and today, with this post I am officially a member of the 100 posts club! (Actually, I just made that up. There is no 100 posts club, though maybe I should make one...) I have been blogging for 10 1/2 months, so that would average out to about one posting ever about 3 days. Though most of you know that it's really like two or three days with lots of posts and then nothing for a week or so. Ah well. I decided when I started blogging that I was NOT going to make it another of the things that I have to do. This blog is just for me. For me to decide when and what to post. And I think that because of that, I have really liked blogging. It is a cross between journaling and scrapbooking. I haven't gone too deep into it being a real journal because that would be WAY too embarrassing! When I die, I hope that any journals that are left around are quickly burned! Anyway, I digress...

For my 100th post I am making public my little goal. I have been inspired by my friend Cristy who lost something like 80 pounds before her last baby, by Julie who went public with her goal of getting in shape and mostly by my back which quite painfully lets me know when I have crossed the line. I started about a month and a half ago with the goal of loosing about 17 pounds. Every week I weigh myself and so far I have lost 4 pounds and then gained back 1. I want to loose the weight in a healthy way and one that I can sustain. Because really, life with out dessert really isn't much of a life. So, to do this and still be able to eat with my family I am trying to be more conscious of what and how I eat. No more late night eating, a snack is okay, but constant snacking isn't. I don't keep as much junk around and my most recent lesson learned is if I make a treat, that's great, I just have to give most of it away. (That one pound gain is from keeping a texas sheet cake on my counter for 4 days. I have pretty good will power for 1, maybe two days, but by day four it's all used up...) I am trying to cook smarter too. Using whole wheat flour and substituting applesauce for half the oil or butter in baking. Tuesday I made a really yummy turkey chili. It's everything I usually do, except I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. I have been getting turkey meatballs for spaghetti and they are really good also. As most of you know, I don't drink coffee, but I usually had a big glass of instant breakfast or ovaltine in the morning. Alas, I have broken the habit and am now trying not to drink my calories. It's milk or water (Though I do like those flavor mixes you can add to water. I figure I can spare the 5 calories, especially when I am better at getting enough water that way.) My other big goal to go along with the weight loss goal is that I am going to run a 5k in either the end of April or the beginning of May. There are ones almost every weekend with in an hour of me and I just need to figure out which one isn't on Sunday and doesn't interfere with everyone's schedule. I figure as long as I finish in under an hour I will feel good. I can walk it in an hour and have been doing a routine of running / walking on the treadmill and finish 3 miles in under 45 minutes. Now, I just need to actually run outside. That's a bit scarier than in the cardio theatre in the gym where it's dark and everyone is paying attention to the movie...

So, happy 100th to me! Here's to 100 more and 17 less!

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Yay for 100 posts!

And if you kept a texas sheet cake for 4 days then you have more willpower than me. I would have had it finished in 24 hours.

Good luck with the 17 pounds and thanks for reminding me that I am supposed to be getting in shape. I forgot this week.

Unknown said...

Good luck on the goal, have you heard of drinking a spinach shake in the morning? I personally haven't tried it yet but it helps you get your veggies and fruit in one serving.

Cristy said...

Obviously since I had 80 pounds to lose in the first place (and in the second place since the baby), then I've eaten my share of cake. :)
Good job with the 4 pounds!
And congrats on your 100th post!
Love ya!

Julie L said...

Hooray for you, Sarah! (Though I suspect you really don't need to lose anything. Everyone looks skinny to me. With my back problems, I've lost about 15 - but am in danger of gaining them back again, too. I do that yo-yo thing with about 30 of my 90 lb. over where I should be. ...but then I'm rambling ... sorry). Congratulations on your 100! too.

Blog Archive

Contributors