Thursday, March 26, 2009

random

It's spring time out here, we had a few beautiful days, but since yesterday and for the rest of the week it is going to be rain, rain, rainy! I guess that's better than the blizzard that my mom gets. Here are a few random pictures of the past few days. Enjoy!

Aspen made some butterfly fairy wings. There were three of them playing and only 2 sets of wings so she had a ball making her own!
Olive and three of her little best friends from school. We met at the park for a picnic and our first sunburn of the season. I don't know how that always takes me by surprise. Time to pull out the sunscreen again!
Jonathon took Cedar up to the used book store to trade in a bunch of books. Cedar came back with a Jackie Chan chapter book that he found.

I couldn't believe it, but he was actually READING it! It's a really easy one, but Never in his life has Cedar carried a book around reading it at any chance he could. He's on page 12. That means he hasn't given up at the hard parts. I asked him to tell me about it and he could tell me parts of the story. We may have to head back up there to get more. I am all for (almost) anything that gets my kids WANTING to read!

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

Bare foot kids and sunburns...I can't wait.

Nice job on the wings Aspen!

Blog Archive

Contributors