Tuesday, March 24, 2009

July

It's official, we have tickets (well. almost all of us have tickets...) to come out to Utah in July.
We will be there Friday, July 3 around 5pm and we will leave Sat. July 18th bright and early at 7:45 am!








This time out I have done a little bit of creative flying. I had an offer from American Express for 2 free flights if I signed up for their card, and they would wave the fee for the first year. So, I did that, got the tickets and then canceled the card before another yearly fee was due. Yes, 2 tickets down, three to go! Next I got a credit card offer in the mail for 1 free ticket if I signed up for the southwest credit card. This one costs $59.00 a year, and normally I am dead set against paying for a credit card, but $59.00 is not a bad price for a round trip ticket, especially since they usually only do enough for half a ticket. So, Yes! One more ticket down! (This is where we are at almost all of us have our ticket. I have to wait for this ticket to be deposited into my account before I can book it, but the lady said that she saw it on my account and it would take about 30 days. So, we are almost there!) Then, my mom called and let me know that flights are down about as low as they go for flights between Nashville and SLC, so today was the day to buy. We will get our entire family out for less than half of what we usually pay. Phew! I was afraid we might not make it this year. Now, barring any more major, unforeseen expenses....
So, we will see you all soon!

5 comments:

Julie L said...

Exciting!!!! Hope we see you, too, though I know how busy life gets with just the family you absolutely must see (and Moms and Grandmas definitely fall into that category!)

Emily said...

Oh can't wait to see you! You can stay with us...where ever that is!

I promise that I won't get sick this time too!

Seth and Julie said...

I am glad you guys are coming...way to go with the creative flight shopping.

rockiedog99 said...

Sarah. If you got your tickets from American Express, then it has to be Delta. I dont have enough miles to get you on Delta, but I have free tickets on United. I flew like 140,000 miles last year.

Hope you dont mind, Christy gave me you blog address....this is Edan from SUU by the way.

edan@jorgensenweb.com

Cristy said...

OK- I'm way excited that you are coming too!!! As you can see from the above comment, I had a nice chat with Edan tonight. It was so fun to catch up! Anyway, I think we're due a phone call, so I'll talk to you soon!

Blog Archive

Contributors