Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ahh! Spider!


So today I was innocently picking tomatoes. (I can't believe how many we've had this year!) When I almost put my hand through this big girl's web.


It's so hard to tell in a picture, but she is HUGE! I got the marker because she is just a little bigger around than a marker and her body is about an inch long. Add in those legs and OHH BOY!
So, after I stopped freaking out I was able to find out that this is a golden orb spider and though she will bite if provoked, she's not poisonous. (But, let's not test her out, shall we?)
We named her Goldie (Olive wants to call her Yellowie.)

This must be the same kind of spider that Charlotte (as in Charlotte's Web) because sometimes they are called "web writers."

2 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Eeek. Now I'm going to think bugs are crawling on me all day today. Thanks a lot.

Katrina said...

Truly creepie. But in a cool sort of way. I mean. I'm glad that it's in YOUR yard, and that I can just look at it instead of scream like a little girl because it's in MY yard. You're a brave woman!!

Blog Archive

Contributors