Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This old house, continued


Before I get to the house update, here is last Saturdays upward flag football tryout for Cedar.


The before picture going upstairs. (I had already taken off the rails before I remembered to take a picture.) Notice all of the art work on the walls. Here is something I didn't know yesterday, but I know today. Pen, marker and crayon bleed through paint. If you are going to paint over wall art like I did, spend 10 min. with one of those "magic erasers." I just figured I would paint over everything, and it would be gone, right? Ummm, not quite. Paint covers dirt, finger prints, fading, chocolate milk and most of the normal wall art that is found in most homes. (Yes, chocolate milk IS normal wall art at our address...) We'll see how many cotes of paint it takes to cover up the rest of the wall art... I'm on 4 for around the rail area. :) I still have another coat of paint before I take the after pictures of this, but even with the magically appearing marker and pen, it's looking GOOD! I now know why when you go to choose paint there are about 10000000000000000000000 choices of white. It's so you can take home one of each of them, match it PERFECTLY to the wall that is really high and hard to paint and then when you miss a spot or 12 near the top, or bottom or where ever, no one can see it. Love it!


This is the closet in our bedroom that we tore out to make a nice little alcove. I just put the first coat of paint on and it's looking good too!




And the basement is ready to paint. The ceiling is textured, the window is done and it is dry! I will prime it tonight!

Next up is the carpet quote - This afternoon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! How are the kids doing with all the going ons?

Marie aka Grams said...

Yeay, Sarah! Way to go. It'll be so great to upgrade the house the way you want it. Can't wait to see it next month. xoxoxo

Blog Archive

Contributors