Thursday, October 16, 2008

Favorite recipe

I sit here at my computer with boxes surrounding me, dinner dishes still on the table, a big hole in my newley floored bathroom where the toilet should be, beautiful new carpet that desperately needs to be vacuumed and what am I doing? Blogging... I'm glad I have my priorities straight!

Did you catch that? My carpet is in!!! WooHoo! I will blog about that when I can take pictures I am not embarrassed to let the entire cyber world see. So on to this weeks Journal Jar question.

What is my favorite food and recipee.

That is truely tough. When I was living at home it was lasagna. I have been living in a house where we don't eat the quantity of cheese that I used to, so although I still love lasagna, if I made it my husband couldn't eat it, my son would stink for a week, my youngest would be in the hospital with croup and my oldest would refuse to eat it because it has sauce in it. So, this question has me rethinking favorites.

The truest answer is that I love dessert the best. I will second Julie and say cholcolate. I will however let her keep the dark and I will go for the milk chocolate. Whatever it is as long as it has chunks of real chocolat in it I am game!

I also love a good soup. I made some the other day and even though I know this and should never have done it I put the rice in with the soup. My advice, when you make soup that you want to put a grain like rice in, have 2 containers, one for the soup, one for the grain and then dish them up together. Rice continues to absorb water. So now I don't have leftover soup, I have leftover soggy casserole.

I also love a good chicken caesar salad. I love Olive garden salad. I love poppy seed dressing on any cheap (or expensive) salad.

I love just about anything that I don't have to cook or clean up.

I could post a lot of recipe's, but I thought I would post this because it is sooooooooooooo easy and a total crowd pleaser.

Better than _(fill in the blank)_ cake

  1. Bake a regular old Chocolate Cake Mix according to the directions
  2. When it comes out of the oven and is still hot pour 1/2 bottle of Carmel or Butterscotch ice cream topping and 1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk over the top. Take a fork and spread it around and poke holes in the top of the cake so this very high calorie stuff seeps into the cake. Do this until it is all absorbed.
  3. Cool in the pan.
  4. Frost with one tub of Cool Whip.
  5. Take several Score bars and break them up with a hammer or rolling pin or by throwing them against the wall. Then sprinkle them on top.
  6. Cut, share a piece with some one and then save the rest for yourself. That way you can honestly say that you didn't eat it all by yourself!

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

I love that cake too but Seth doesn't like toffee. Oh well, more for me. And guess what? I have been giving Pride and Prejudice a 2nd chance (or 10th chance actually) this week and I am determined to finish it this time.

Blog Archive

Contributors