Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update

The carpet is being put in as I type! (Everyone jump up and down and do the happy dance with me!) I have wanted to do all of this updating to our house since we moved in, so when the opportunity came, I jumped! We are on the down hill side now and it feels great! The funny thing about fixing up your house is that once you get started it's hard to stop. I look around my house and say, "Oh, I need to get to that too." Or, "That would look great if I ...." After the carpet comes the trim in the basement. I still need to paint the living room (Never, Ever use flat paint in a room that you go in more than 2 times a year!) and re paint the bathrooms. Then comes all of the extras. It is so strange walking around our upstairs. If you have ever been to our house you would remember the squeeeeks. It probably would have been great if we had a wayward teenager that we wanted to keep track of, but since I'm sure my kids would never dream of doing anything wrong, we went ahead and fixed the floor. It's so quiet it's almost scary. Here are a few pictures of what we have been doing when we haven't been working on the house.
Olive jumping.
I got Cedar the "Bob Books" set. They are all phonetic and short. Perfect for him. He really loves it because he can read all by himself. Cute little guy slept with them the first few days after he got them. We found this little guy on the swing set. I have never seen a live stick bug that wasn't behind glass.
Jonathon and the kids playing flag football between General Conference sessions on Saturday.
Cedar playing flag football
The girls with a friend "watching" the game.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah I am so happy for you! Isn't it nice. I bet it feels like a brand new home!

Marie aka Grams said...

Mostly I love the fact that Emily responds to every post. She's my idol...ideal. Congratulations on a fabulous job pulling it all together. I hope it was worth the work and worry, and it will make you happy. love you.

Blog Archive

Contributors