We have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the strawberry patch that is across from the elementary school. Each morning we would check, "Are the windows to the little shack open?" And Finally on Wednesday it was! Unfortunately, the kids had school so we couldn't go right away, but Saturday turned out to be the perfect day! Jonathon had to go back into work after Cedar's soccer game, so off we went. We picked 2 gallons of ripe yummy strawberries! So far we have had them in sugar, plain, in milk, in ice cream, on crepes and with nilla wafers. After school gets out I want to pick some more and make jam, but until then, I'm thinking maybe pie and fruit pizza, and ....
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (167)
- ► 2011 (138)
- ► 2010 (184)
- Memorial Day Weekend, a photo essay
- Keep reading!
- Aspen English! It's a landslid of awards!
- Cedar's kindergarten awards
- Olive's preschool end of the year program
- Strawberries spell summer time!
- Cedar soccer
- Oh Happy, Happy Day!
- Let the swimming season begin!
- Update on the movie...
- My movie
- ▼ May (13)