Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chech this out!

If you regularly read my blog, all, um 6 of you, you will probably remember that I cut Olive's hair, but only because Jonathon's sister Allison, photographer extraordinaire, had taken the kids pictures and our family pictures so I figured that it was safe to do. The way that I will always remember my "little Olive" has been masterfully preserved. Today has been a little like Christmas not only because there is a tiny amount of snow on the ground and school has been canceled, but because I got a little peek at the pictures that Allison took. Every Mom believes that their children are the most beautiful on the planet. I would have to agree that there are lots of other cute kids out there, and the closer they are related to me, the cuter they are, but sure, beautiful kids dot this little world that we live on. I, however have the most beautiful children EVER to walk the earth. Part of that is that I see into them. Sometimes I don't even think that I see their physical faces. (Maybe that's why it often takes a while for me to notice that reminders of lunch are hanging out on their chin...) The closest that I can come to explaining this is when I was a missionary. I didn't see faces then either. I saw for 18 whole months what the people I was around looked like to Heavenly Father. There is a scripture that says something like, "God looks on the heart." (I can feel Jonathon cringe because I didn't go look it up and put a reference, sorry sweetie!) That's how a missionary lives for their missions, and that's what happens when a woman becomes a mother. You see what God sees. Physical beauty, Yes, but add physical beauty to their heart and it is something truly amazing. It is like seeing through the veil, right into heaven. Maybe that's why only Mothers and missionaries can see it, because It would be too easy. We would remember everything and our choices would be too obvious. No one would even want to choose any other way. So when I saw Allison's blog this morning, and they were MY kids, my kids with their beautiful hearts radiating out, magnifying their physical bodies I was impressed. She had done it. She captured not only my "Little Olive," but she captured my children on film the way that I see them. They are glowing and alive and mysterious and playful and perfect. So, go check them out. Allison's blog is here and if you want to check out here website, it is here. Have fun looking around! Thanks Allison, What you did is magical!

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I LOVE those pictures. I am so jealous. I want a photographer relative. Aliison is very gifted and your children are beautiful.

Emily said...

cute cute cute cute cute cute cute!

Chad Crawford said...

Oh Sarah- Those are amazing shots of your kids! I agree that they are beautiful. I'll call you after my trip (we leave Monday morning, and get back the 31st). Love ya!
-Cristy

Blog Archive

Contributors