Monday, January 12, 2009

I want to look like you mom!

Saturday night was our night to play "beauty shop." I told the girls that they were desperately in need of a trim. Olive went first and I asked her how she wanted it cut. she said, "I want to look like you mom."
"What?"
"I want short hair, like you!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. I want to look like you."
In, out, breathe. Everyone knows that when Aspen was little I kept her hair pretty short and she had bangs. I wish now that I hadn't, though she was a super cute little girl no matter how her hair looked. When Olive came along I didn't even put scissors to her hair until she was 2 1/2. She has just a hint of curl in her brown hair. I love her hair! Aspen, poor girl, got my straighter than a ruler hair. She'll probably get grey hair at 16 like I did too. But Olive...That touch of curl had me. So when she asked for short hair (by the way, this isn't the first time she has asked.) I gave in. I figured that we had just had Allison take her picture and we had just had family pictures taken and her hair grows fast, so, OK. I'll do it.


She really likes it. It is easier to brush and she can keep it out of her eyes with her ears so she doesn't have to have it "done" every day. I miss the long hair though. The good news is...The curl is still there. Just a hint. Phew.Aspen is of coarse another story. She won't let a "real" person do hers. (We're not real.) It's either Jonathon or I and that's it. We can take no more than is absolutely necessary, and stay away from the bangs area. She is quite the cutey with her super straight hair and toothless grin!


****Update****
Emily, who was doing wonderfully ended up, can you guess it? Back in the ER in Rock Springs. She had another spinal tap and though her white blood cell count is back to normal there is still a lot of pressure. The good news is that she was only perscribed some medication and she was back home by the afternoon. What a ride!
(And if you didn't notice, Like I sometimes don't, I just posted another post right below this one, so keep on reading.)

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I love Olive's hair short. She is too dang cute. Also, you can tell Aspen that I would LOVE to have her stick straight hair. Mine is curly and frizzy and takes a lot of work to get it straight. I have always envied people who could just let their hair air dry and it would look perfectly shiny and flat ironed. I will totally trade with her.

Marie aka Grams said...

All I can say is "ADORABLE". In fact, your 3 children are physically beautiful, outside and inside. I love you all.

Blog Archive

Contributors