Thursday, January 8, 2009

I have a few minutes until I leave to take Cedar to the doctor. We are still trying to figure out what's up with the poor kid's tummy. This is a follow up from before Christmas. But, since I have only a few minutes I thought I would tell my funny airplane story. The scary one I will do when I have a few more minutes.
So, we were on our way home from Christmas vacation. We were in the last group to board, so we are hanging out by the gate, but not in line yet. This guy was standing near us, but not that near. (And just for background, my kids were being really good! True, they looked like they were having a slumber party on the floor, but they were NOT running, yelling or being annoying. And all of their stuff was in their backpacks. They weren't even messy!) So this guy says, in a normal voice to another person, who is also not far from us, "I like kids...[looks at my kids] ...in moderation." Ok, I was offended. I thought, "What??? My kids aren't even doing anything!" (they were the only kids left to board.) I didn't say any thing, but I mouthed it to Jonathon when he got there.
Well, wouldn't you know it! The plane we were on had three seats on each side of the isle. So, naturally my family took up five seats in a row, leaving one seat vacant. The window seat. When we got on the plane, (we were the last to board. Why make the trip even a minute longer if you can help it?) Guess who was in that empty window seat in our isle? Yep, Mr. Insult-my-kids guy! I couldn't help but laugh. The plane was completely full! Ha! Ha! Ha! He turned out to be a nice guy who Jonathon enjoyed talking to and even consented to play 31 with Cedar and Jonathon. But, in the end, I didn't feel bad at all that Cedar had really stinky gas the entire plane ride and the guy was fumigated. In fact, it still makes me laugh! Ha! Ha! Ha!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors