Monday, January 11, 2010

No White

Several people that I know are doing this. It's the no white diet. It means no white sugar, no white flour and no white rice. The first time I heard it I thought the person was crazy. That seems to be all I DO eat. How would I ever take the white out?

After hearing more people who were doing it I started to give it more thought. Could I do it? Yes, of course I could. Do I want to do it? Not really. I like food. I like sugar. I like white! But, I think that I do eat too much of it. There was a while back when we ate a lot more whole wheat stuff and brown rice than we do now, but it's been a while.

For this goal, I want to do it for a month. 30 days is a goal I can live with. I want to see if I can do it for one thing, I want to see how I feel and if I can find a better balance than I have now. It's not a lifestyle I choose for myself or for my family forever, but it is certainly worth 30 days.

What about you? What are your favorite non white things? Any bets on how long it will really last? I'm not starting it yet. I'll let you know when I do. Probably sometime in the summer when it is easier to take a larger portion of grains our of the diet all together and replace them with fresh fruits and veggies!

2 comments:

Tony and Ann said...

That means you'd have to give up cauliflower!!

Seth and Julie said...

I don't think I could do it but I always appreciate when other people excercise their self mastery. Let us know when you start.

Ann, I could do the no cauliflower for sure, for a whole lifetime, too.

Blog Archive

Contributors